The Barossa Cheese Company is an Award-winning Artisan Cheese Producer, commencing in March 2003 with a vision to be an Australian dairy industry icon, valuing our heritage, people, customers and community. Established in Angaston, Barossa Valley South Australia, the Barossa Cheese company sources milk locally and utilises traditional historic French techniques, giving respect to the art of cheesemaking to create products that complement our local Winemaking culture.
Since the inception of the business, the Barossa Cheese Company has established trust and growth of its customer base. Our commitment to our customers is that will not become an industrialised factory but continue to be an artisan producer sourcing milk from local dairies and creating cheese imbued with the character of the locale and passion of the maker.
Our mission is to deliver our customers with a product synonymous with the expectation of fine quality artisan cheese whilst providing a holistic experience of food and lifestyle through food nuances and education. We will continue to foster the following values and business concepts:
- Deliver a regional uniqueness and different experience to any other cheese producer
- Support local tourism, regional pride to directly add to the bottom line of our farming community
- Provide employment opportunities within our community
- Create pride in our workforce
To be able to deliver our vision, values and business concepts, everything we do at the Barossa Cheese Company is centred around our commitment to Quality & Safety. This is demonstrated by:
- Establishing a food safety culture throughout the organisation
- Implementing a management system compliant with the SQF Food Safety Code for Manufacturing (a recognised Global Food Safety Initiative)
- Managing a current HACCP Plan (a risk management based approach to food safety established by the WHO/FAO Codex Alimentarius)
- Committing to the requirements of our customers
- Ensuring that our Legislative & Regulatory requirements are adhered to
- Being subjected to 3rd party food safety audits
We operate a dairy food manufacturing facility where we work under strict hygienic conditions. Our Good Manufacturing and Hygiene Practices are embedded in our food safety culture. The best employee practices, raw materials, equipment, processes, and technologies mean nothing if they are not used in a way that protects our products and ensures food safety and quality. Rigorous GMP/GHP programmes are established, maintained & regularly monitored.
The continued success of the business reflects our commitment to our people, customers, suppliers, environment and stakeholders as well as the implementation of continuous improvement activities. WH&S practices are in place to ensure the safety of our people in line with State & Federal Government requirements. Regular management meetings and other business activities ensures that our objectives are regularly reviewed, consultation with our employees takes place to continue to foster food safety culture initiatives, processes are developed, documented, and monitored ensuring that verification activities take place and findings actioned in a timely manner.
Barossa Cheese Company are a dedicated team making a difference to foster the ongoing development of our quality and food safety culture ensuring that we meet the expectation of our customers and stakeholders.